Thread: Orange tip (Anthocharis cardamines)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Orange tip (Anthocharis cardamines)

Attached Images Attached Images

Hand held,

OM-1 M.40-150mm F2.8 + MC-14
    Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 420.0mm
    Exposure mode : Manual exposure
    ISO : 400
    Exposure compensation : 0.0 EV
    Shutter : 1/320 sec
    F number : F7.1

ACR/PSCC

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jon, have you calibrated your monitor recently????? Looks very saturated and with a slight cast too. Some nice detail but its all competing for me.

OK probably going to the other end, but... Probably hard to tell until you get things back on track, unless you really did ramp up the colours????

Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve - agreed colours are rather bold.... yes I just checked monitor is overdue for calibration. I had been playing around with differing profiles, I always end up coming back to Standard. I just try things for a change...not for the better in this case! Your repost I feel is going a bit thin but message accepted.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Again Jon, I feel you have drifted away from 'Key Basics' and definitely over thinking things and watching the Tinternet, which does contain truck loads of incorrect advice.

If you cut to the chase you have nice detail and it's sharp and well exposed, but sadly the PP has move it far far away and not for the good IMHO. In addition, I always thought Macro was all about isolating the subject to provide standout, clarity and focus? The BKG's are just so busy it all competes.

I appreciate you like to 'cease the moment' but I would try to do more in camera rather than the more tricky elements within PP. Easier said than done, but pulling back the blades of grasses and trying more 'bland' backdrops I think would really help, minimise the PP too and keep away from Vibrancy.

I just ripped out all of the Walt Disney stuff and honestly, the image looked really cool and if you work on the Raw well...
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.