Thread: Red Squirrel Jump VIII

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Squirrel Jump VIII

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... a rather wet shot , Squirrel getting rid of water from fur while jumping .
    I do just love the effect , would have wished for more DOF .... but the light was so poor at that day .
    The removal of the perch ... could be discussed
    Hope you like it

Canon EOS R 6 II
    EF 200 - 400 IS L
    Tripod

F 5,6 ; Iso 51.200 ; 1 /2500 sec

Processed with DT 4.7.0 and PSCC 2024 ; slight crop from bottom and RHS

Thanks for looking and commenting to my last postings

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

yes a very unusual and interesting image, well caught! It certainly maintained my attention.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very funny and I think you should leave the perch in, adds context.

How did the squirrel get so wet, was it raining or she's been swimming If you remove the perch it actually looks as if she's jumping out of water...

I agree on DoF but when I look at the ISO I do understand the circumstances. You must have done some serious noise reduction in PP but it's not bad at all, truly a fun shot and glad you shared it, thank you Andreas

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela ... glad you like it .The Squirrel is just wet from rain .... and it is really dark in that corner of the property , so I have to cope with high iso all the time .
    1/2500 sec is the longest I can use to get decently sharp shots , better would be 1/4000 Sec .... well well .
    Per jump I get 1 or 2 usable images .... they are fast that even at 40 fps I do get not more where the key areas are in focus .
    All manual focus ...

Have a good start into the week

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Thanks Gabriela ... glad you like it .The Squirrel is just wet from rain .... and it is really dark in that corner of the property , so I have to cope with high iso all the time .
    1/2500 sec is the longest I can use to get decently sharp shots , better would be 1/4000 Sec .... well well .
    Per jump I get 1 or 2 usable images .... they are fast that even at 40 fps I do get not more where the key areas are in focus .
    All manual focus ...

Have a good start into the week

Cheers Andreas
    Sounds good Andreas, I suppose 1/3500s would give you sharp shots but at what price, more NR needed...

With manual focus this kind of shot not that easy, so well done! Hope you get some nice light one of these days so you can lower ISO a bit.

Have fun experimenting and I appreciate you sharing here with us, I thoroughly enjoy viewing your squirrel images.

Hope you too have a wonderful week ahead,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gabriela ... the focussing is easy , just in the middle of the distance between my set up . Waiting for the Squirrel to jump , fire and hope for the best . I have tried with all sorts of AF settings ... thousands of images produced , but none do work well . With the MF usage I have at least one image in every jump . When it is raining is the best ... as she makes funky movements mid air . If itīs dry she does not .... I do vary with the focal point to get different poses .