Thread: White Stork II

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default White Stork II

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ...
    luckily the Storks decided to start building the nest on that tree , good news for me and the population of White Storks in our area . There is only one other nest in my area , that is far away .... out of photographic reach .
    This couple has chosen a property , just in the backyard of someone .... folks do work in garden with machines etc without influencing the Storks . Just if it becomes too loud they do check whatīs going on 10 meters below .
    I will see how it does go with them ...
    The disadvantage of that site is the very busy environment in form of houses and trees , making it very difficult to get decent flight shots .... the view is either not clear or the background cluttered . They do leave and come back to the nest ... from different angles , they just appear .
    Regardless of the situation I am excited how far they go and if they can breed successfully ?!
    The sky is not very interesting ... but nothing I could have done about it

Canon EOS 1Dx III
    EF 500 IS L II + 2 x TC
    Tripod

F 9 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; slight crop from top and RHS

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas, good morning.

It appears this is a pretty rare species in your area?

As for the image, some unfortunate aspects being the poop all over the branches, the tracking collar on the leg and messy perch.

All that said, the action is great :-) I do like the way you processed the pair and the framing above the next limbs works well. Nice eye contact from both.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great shot, given the circumstances you got a very good angle. No reservations on my behalf excellent plumage details and a good behavioural image - all looks entirely natural to me.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Brian and Jon for your kind comments , m much appreciated .

@ Brian ... yes the Storks are not a usual seen breeding bird in my area , so many folks are kind of excited . I do understand in parts your " unfortunate aspects " .... in terms of tracking collar , but do not share your thoughts about the nest and the poop as this is how a storks nest look like , IMHO.

Cheers Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Andreas,

There is some nice action in this one. Much to like, especially the details in the white feathers. Well processed as usual.

While I like a clean setting for images, I'm inclined to agree that this is pretty much the way Stork nests look - poop and all.

I wish you well in getting good flight shots. I've always found that difficult as they tend to just put their wings out and glide - not much vertical action!

Best wishes, Gerald

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not to mention two wonderful head angles.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.