Thread: Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M ) XVII

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M ) XVII

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ...
    a peaceful scene of those males waiting patiently for the Salmon to come up the stream for spawning .
    Even if being closely together those Bears have shown no sign of aggression , well as long as no fish is available ....
    It was the last morning at the Kambalnaya River for the group , so we had to stay close to the accommodation where we stayed . Very basic huts with bunk beds , 4 photographers in one hut .
    The morning was very misty , we have not been sure if the helicopter would be able to pick us up .... but later in the day it cleared up and the helicopter came .
    The spot was just 50 m away from the accommodation .... to get Bears to see . Amazing experience .
    Thanks to Mr Putin it is impossible to visit again !!!!!

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 200 - 400 IS L at 282 mm
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 800 ; 1/1600 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 2024 ; tried to keep the misty feeling and kept the colors and tones kind of dull

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Even if Mr Putin said yes I would say no! Super image in the mist the details are still there and the eye is really clear o the smaller bear.......just wondering did you take any with a slow shutter speed??

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jon ... well worth to go there , best place I have ever been . Well at least for the Bears and the overall thrilling trip adventure by far more adventurous than trips to Alaska . The basic circumstances on the whole trip had been very special .... from food over accommodation , over Helicopter flights , hearty people and so forth . Very basic ... but so well organized !!!!!!

I took images with slower SS , but only wide angle shots ... with hindsight I should have tried with shoots like this as well .

Cheers Andreas