Thread: Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M/F) VII

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Kamtchatka Brown Bear ( M/F) VII

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... a rather different approach with some kind of open minded elements , or one could say a " freaky " approach leaving the norm .
    The original was just too boring with just the subject being a bit interesting with the water splash , but the rest was just misty nothing ! So I ran some gradients in PS .... ending up with this effect , I do actually like
    Image taken at Kuril Lake on Kamtchatka

Before somebody is complaining about not " correct " colors .... it is done with thought , albeit it might be not " correct "

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 200 - 400 IS L at 526 mm
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 2500 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with DT 4.6.1 and PSCC 20214 ; cropped for better pano comp

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Perfectomondo! I love the colours (?? what's wrong with them??) Pose is great , maybe make the image a little less wide??

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it, Andreas. I understand why you applied the gradients, suppose you were looking for more depth? If the image appeared flat ( well except for the bear whose colours look nice and he stands out quite well) then I see nothing wrong with what you did.

Personally I like the frame as is, meaning wide. All I can suggest is that you look at the left corner ( bottom) : seems a tad darker than the right and my eyes tend to run there and then back to the subject. But it's not a big deal, up to you.

Overall a lovely image and I like the bear in action and water splash. Also the eyes are visible, which is a nice bonus. Those claws are amazing...Thank you so much for sharing!

PS We still have internet and wifi issues here on the reserve. It is such a struggle and so annoying. The company providing the service ( or rather 'not providing the service' ) said they are bringing fibre to our area soon and we must be patient...

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Jon and Gabriela for your comments and suggestions , much appreciated .

The shot is indeed edited more to taste than usual , for the simple reason the overall flatness in 80 % of the frame ... did not float my boat . So I decided to get the bicolor route , cold on bottom a nd top and more warm in the center of interest . Gabriela I do see what you mean with the LLC , did not recognize it to be honest . I could work on it ... but leave it that way for now .
    Will see what comes next from my side .

Cheers Andreas