Thread: Kamtschatka Brown Bear ( F )

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Kamtschatka Brown Bear ( F )

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all ... another one from the Kuril Lake on Kamtchatka
    This time a female with her two fearful cubs , no wonder there was a large male on RHS .... always tricky for the mums . It was not the gull that frightened the three
    Some may find the gull is a distraction .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 500 IS L II + 1,7 TC
    HH

F 5,6 ; Iso 1000 ; 1/2500 sec

Processed with Darktable 4.6 and PSCC 2024 ; cropped for composition after a rotation that was needed because of horizon line

Hope you like it

Thanks for commenting to my last postings

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Interesting image, Andreas. I do think leaving the gull in leads the viewer to think the little ones were frightened by the presence of the bird. So I guess it's up to you how you want to influence the viewer?

I would personally lose the bird, would prefer to add a bit of 'mystery' to the story, leaving things to the imagination. But that's just me. Certainly not an issue, just another option.

Do like the image and subjects are just gorgeous. Techs look good, tones too, I notice the little cubs' coats are darker which is quite nice as it brings them to the fore and somehow separates them from mom, they stand out so nicely.

What else can I say...I enjoyed viewing, so much to look at. Hope you can share more from this trip, you must have hundreds of images. Many thanks for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a super image, the cubs look afraid and the mother looks very tense, it did not occur to me that the gull could have been a contributory factor, the first thing that occurred to me was to consider a big daddy bear. Processing and colours look ideal.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela and Jon .. for your comments and suggestions .

© Gabriela , i was actually too lazy to get rid of the gull .... and yes indeed a big male was on the right side out of the frame , those cubs do not get frightened by just some gulls . I do have thousands ...

Cheers Andreas

5. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post