Thread: Willow tit (Poecile montanus)

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Willow tit (Poecile montanus)

Attached Images Attached Images

A slightly tentative title but on balance I think ID is correct. I capture this image in woodland where seeds had been scattered, there were dozens of Reed buntings and finches. I noticed this little bird and it is only the second or third time I have seen this species. The image is a larger crop than I would have liked, the area beneath the perch was very messy and the end of the perch had been sawn off. The brightest highlights are bright but I think just about OK.

Model Name : OM-1, 150-400TC
    Focal Length (35 mm conversion) : 801.0mm
    Exposure mode : Manual exposure
    ISO : 12800
    Exposure compensation : -0.7 EV
    Shutter : 1/1600 sec
    Aperture : F5.6

ACR/PSCC

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jon .. glad you managed a couple of shots of this species , there are only few around here in my area .
    Apart from the thick log or perch I think I do really like the image ..., love the fine details and the sharpness rendered . Lovely soft tones/colors .... nice light blob in the B G to break the uniformity of the BG .
    You have found a good solution for the tricky lighting !!! ... and I do love the ratio

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looking good Jon. A bird I haven't seen. I like the dark BG and you got some nice detail on the bird, looks like the IQ has held well after the heavy crop. The thickness of the perch works ok here. The colours on the bird look similar to the Coal Tit. Good work.

Will

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Andreas and Will , as you mentioned not many about. I was quite pleases with the processing especially as it was cropped. I have been playing with a few images ISO 25600.