Thread: Stay away

Meint Sijp

Default Stay away

Attached Images Attached Images

Took this shot new years day. People feeding the ducks and gulls, and 3 times it happened that the gulls made some crazy chases of the ducks, to get the food.

MRK III, 1/1250, F/5.6, EC +0,3, ISO 640, AI servo, WB Cloudy, Metering Patern, 100-400 L IS@400mm, Exposure program Aparture program.

Did clone out a gull, but not sure if i like it with or with out it, and the job i did. Croped the photo and did some noise reduction + sharpening and some more light.
    Last edited by Meint Sijp; 01-10-2008 at 09:31 AM.

Alfred Forns

I like what you are doing here !!! Point of focus is perfect on the feeing duck Might consider a slight different crop with more room up front for the duck to move into Also crop from top to deliberately cut the gulls wing (not clip) The oof gulls in the rear are over cooked Not sure you can get them back Good action I like it !!!

Axel Hildebrandt

I like the interaction and incoming gull but I find the BG too busy. Too bad about the clipped wing.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Meint,
    there is a lot of action in your picture! I like the duck a lot; it is sharp and the splashing water adds.
    I think the duck would need some more space at the left side and I agree, that the bg is too busy.