Thread: Zebra Foal .... in action like the Ellie

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Zebra Foal .... in action like the Ellie

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... same action as previous , as well as same location .... just another day with some brutal light .
    Captured in western range of the Etosha NP.

Canon EOS 1Dx
    EF 500 IS L II + 1,4 TC
    Beanbag

F 6,3 ; Iso 320 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with C1 and PSCC 2024 ; slight crop from Top and LHS ; cleaned up some bigger piles of Ellie dung .

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings , critique is very much welcome .... good or bad

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cute little baby zebra running and indeed some harsh Etosha light and atmosphere which you managed to capture well. You must have had some serious heat haze over there.

Exposure looks good, so is framing. Cannot remember when last I had the opportunity to shoot at such low ISO

Colours look good, thank goodness no orange tinge ( save it for the lion ). A high key B/W version might be interesting, worth a try?

Thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Gabriela ... glad you like it .
    Etoscha can be tough as the Kalahari when it comes too conditions to shoot in ...
    Did not think about going B&W .... might try at a later stage with another image . Yeees the orange tinge will appear with a Lion .... you can almost bet and I will push it even further than you

Are you having a chance to go out tomorrow ?

Cheers Andreas

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Liedmann View Post
    Thanks Gabriela ... glad you like it .
    Etoscha can be tough as the Kalahari when it comes too conditions to shoot in ...
    Did not think about going B&W .... might try at a later stage with another image . Yeees the orange tinge will appear with a Lion .... you can almost bet and I will push it even further than you

Are you having a chance to go out tomorrow ?

Cheers Andreas

Apologies for late reply, I no longer get notifications from BPN so have to look at threads all the time to see if someone made a comment. Never been to Etosha and sadly it's just too far and it takes too long to drive there and back so I stick to Kruger and home for now...Maybe Kgalagadi too, sometime.

Did go for a game drive on Sunday afternoon but it was extremely hot and humid, we did not see any predators, I suppose all hiding in the shade of a tree or a bush somewhere. Saw a lovely ele with big tusks and I guess it was one of those bulls recently brought in from Tembe Elephant Park. Really wished for a smaller lens

We'll see what the weekend brings, Carl was lucky to find a leopard female today and I look forward to see his images. We'll go out again on Sunday, weather permitting.

Have a wonderful rest of the week Andreas,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Super shot, I like the action. Nothing "Wrong" with exposure but if lowered a little (differentially)....WDYT?