Thread: Zuka Stalker

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Zuka Stalker

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello Everyone,

As promised another image, and again from Zuka Private Game Reserve. Been seeing quite a bit of wildlife lately, either on my way to the pharmacy or coming back home. Some lovely sightings, although in the mornings a bit frustrating as I always have to leave sooner than I would like to...cannot be late for work

Image captured yesterday around 8 am - this is one of three young lionesses looking for prey and they were walking in the middle of the road just like my cheetah boys the other day. Was not surprised at all when they came close to the vehicle and sniffed around, I drive over rhino dung and warthog and zebra poop all the time

When the 'investigation' was over they walked away and later stopped to listen to a young buffalo's distress calls in the distance. Would have loved to stay a bit longer to see what happened...

Techs:

Nikon Z9
    Nikkor Z 400mm F2.8 TC @ 400mm
    ISO 2000
    F 6.3
    +0.33 EV
    SS 1/2500s

Thank you kindly for all your comments and critique on my previous posts, much appreciated.

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Doesn't get any better, you nailed this one 100%. Very well processed too.

Print it!!!!

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Awww Steve, thank you so much for those kind words, I so appreciate it

I think I'll print it, for me a special sighting and she is such a beautiful lioness

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gabriela, this is really top notch, I am sensing there is a certain quality in your recent posts, your previous ones were good but I think these recent cheetahs and this lioness are something else - well done - more please!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you very much Jon,

Don't know if it's the new gear or more careful PP...Maybe a bit of both. I just think I have become more selective in terms of my images... often not satisfied so I tend to delete quite a lot. I certainly try post the better ones. And the more interesting ones.

The cheetah boys and lionesses just luck...I have not seen them in a while, they pitched up about two weeks ago and hopefully might stick around for a while. Must be all the rain we've had, the dam nearby is full and we also have a little stream in front of the house, so more buffalo and zebra and wildebeest around. Eles too...

Those three lionesses tend to come close to the vehicle, just like the cheetah boys. But they are more inquisitive and tend to look straight at you, which is pretty cool. They are relaxed so one can choose those spots one wants to shoot from, moving around without causing them any stress. If I had the time I would be out there every day and probably post every day

I'll try post more often

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super lovely Lioness portrait , Gabriela.
    Technically nicely done , I do specially like the contrasting subject / BG in combo with the intense strong look of the madame .

I am pretty sure it is not the new gear ( my personal opinion ) .... unless we have extreme high iso or very fast moving subjects . In situations like this static close up shot ... I almost bet that one can produce the same stunning detailed result in web size image . Might be different when printed and blown up . But we all do look just at small web images .
    Take old images and reprocess them with new software and skill .... no difference will be CLEARLY visible when the image are correctly exposed and sharp .
    This is just my personal opinion , some folks might think differently about it ....

Regardless of my thoughts a wonderful image

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Andreas,

Very happy with the positive feedback on my latest images, will try go out more so I can post more often My PP work has not changed that much but like you said with a well exposed, sharp image it is not difficult to achieve good results.

Hope you have a relaxing week-end Boetie,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela,

"Here's a lioness I photographed on the way to work this morning!" Ha! Of course, this happens to most of us every day! Well, not so much in the outer suburbs of Brussels. Maybe my neighbour's cat.

But seriously, this is a very beautiful portrait of the lioness - well worth being a little late for opening up!

She is a very fine model - elegantly defined muzzle and nose, plus those intense yellow/green eyes.

I can't say if your PP skills have changed or not, but for sure this is about as good as it gets.

Best wishes,

Gerald

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such kind words, many thanks Gerald for adding your thoughts here. We've missed you and so glad to hear from you!

My PP skills are very basic and I keep things simple And yes been quite lucky to have had some lovely sightings lately... but believe me it is so frustrating when you have to drive past a cheetah or a lion so you can get to work it time

Spending this weekend with family and we've already had two game drives but so far nothing exciting - I gather the cheetahs and lions are also enjoying a weekend away and they'll probably be back on Monday when I have to go to work !

Hope you have a stunning week-end Gerald,

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea