Thread: Patiently waiting...

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Patiently waiting...

Attached Images Attached Images

A very young Hyena pup waits outside the den entrance for the rest of the Clan to arrive back, hopefully with food!

Steve

Subject: Hyena pup (Hyaenidae)
    Camera: Canon EOS R3
    Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III resting on a bean bag
    Exposure: 1/500 at f/8 ISO3200 EV +0.67
    Original format: Landscape, cropped for presentation, no more to the LHS
    Processed via: Lr 13.0.1 & Ps 25.1.0
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A very good evening to you Steve,

Skipped a few images and jumped to the top thread, love Spotties so much and could not resist. Such a cutie, waiting on the edge of the den, hope someone pitched up at some stage with a morsel or two?

Lovely image well exposed and well framed, nice DoF, subject stands out beautifully. Great detail on the face ( love those eyes) and I like that the paws are in focus too. Colours spot on.

As usual a well processed image with great IQ, nice and sharp where it matters, pose is superb. May I use it as a screen saver for a while... it would cheer me up tremendously!

On my side of the woods, battling here as usual with 'load shedding' every evening and some high temperatures that demand air conditioning...

Summer is in full swing here and sightings are quite rare at the moment, just too hot for the animals to move around. So no new images, will have to look at some Kruger folders from May or September, probably during the weekend

Hope all is well on your side? I shall get in touch again soon, and thank you so much for sharing, I enjoyed this tremendously!

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely image well exposed and well framed, nice DoF, subject stands out beautifully. Great detail on the face ( love those eyes) and I like that the paws are in focus too. Colours spot on.
    Thanks Gabriela, did you notice the fly on the bridge of the nose?

Personally not great framing, as I had to come in from the LHS because of another sibling entering the frame... as they do. Also with hindsight this was initially done with Enhance before launch and so I think it does have a few flaws from my perspective, I might have gone down a different route.

May I use it as a screen saver for a while... it would cheer me up tremendously!
    No need to ask, if you send me the screen size I will crop and forward.

So no new images, will have to look at some Kruger folders from May or September, probably during the weekend
    Time to get back on that saddle.

Enjoy what's left of the evening.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Thanks Gabriela, did you notice the fly on the bridge of the nose?

Personally not great framing, as I had to come in from the LHS because of another sibling entering the frame... as they do. Also with hindsight this was initially done with Enhance before launch and so I think it does have a few flaws from my perspective, I might have gone down a different route.

No need to ask, if you send me the screen size I will crop and forward.

Time to get back on that saddle.

Enjoy what's left of the evening.
    Of course I noticed the little fly, I don't miss anything

Cannot really see flaws...I looked Did think maybe a tad more on the LHS would have been better but knowing you there must have been a reason for the framing...Could you not remove the other character on the LHS?

My screen is 27 inch (5120 x 2880) Thank you so much for allowing me to use this as a screen saver! Been catching up with work after my absence but hope to find time again to play at the week-end

Have a great rest of the week, I will be in touch!

Warmest regards,
    [COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.55)]
    27-inch (5120 × 2880)
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.55)]27-inch (5120 × 2880)[/COLOR]
    Gabriela Plesea

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve,

This is a fine image of the cub. I'm really enjoying the intense stare - almost as if he is worried whether or not they will return, food or no food.

I also like that the paws are in focus and I am quite fascinated by the way the claws on the second and third toes seem to be together, almost as if the two claws are between the toes. (I checked, and they're not!) And the pads themselves are quite fascinating.

Nothing I can add about the image processing - it looks perfect. The composition is good with me - a little more space for him to look into might be nice, but it works beautifully without.

Thanks for sharing.

Gerald

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sorry slow to reply - internet problems, Super fine details and ideal colours for me just a little cramped, I would have preferred a little more space on the LHS, other than that just about perfect for me,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jon.

I would have preferred a little more space on the LHS
    No can do, as I explained, but in an ideal world definitely!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve ... what a cute presentation of this pup .
    Love the IQ and the overall tonal/color palette .
    Not to keen on the chosen crop or comp ... wish for more room to left and top / bottom , you might have had a reason for the comp.

TFS Andreas

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Brilliant. It looks so real, I just want to go and give it a wee clap. Great detail, pose and I love those paws.

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cheers Will.