Thread: Hunger

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hunger

Attached Images Attached Images

Dear Friends,

You might find this boring. I do have a few interesting images from the past two trips to Kruger Park but saving them for later I tend to process randomly while busy deleting and selecting frames from a particular folder, so when something appeals to me in some way I try a few tweaks here and there in LR and if it works out, well... I carry on.

What I liked most here was the focused gaze of the lioness, the hunger in her eyes. At the time I captured this frame she was watching a herd of buffalo passing by and I suppose making 'plans'. I also noticed a young male dozing under a bush and later a little cub popped out from behind a rock and walked up to her rather clumsily. The little one was full of mange and rather on the thin side, he also had a slight limp. I felt sorry for him.

The next day I found them a little further from that spot, quite far from the road and in tall grass so was unable to take photographs. A few hyaenas running around, one crossed the road carrying a rather large bone which I assumed belonged to a buffalo calf. Felt a sense of relief knowing they have eaten.

Techs:

Nikon Z9
    Nikon 400mm F2.8 (@ 560mm)
    ISO 2000
    F6.3
    +0.67 EV
    1/2500s

Processed in LR and PSCC.

Thank you for taking the time to view, comments welcome as always and I don't mind RP's and any suggestions you might have.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela, not sure about this one, the FG foliage here is a bit distracting and the eyes look odd, has she got a slight squint???? You might want to just review the image?

I'll be back as they say.

Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

That is really bizarre, that front leg just looks so odd, but thanks for the raw. Often you see those big clumps, spheres on their legs from TB. Have you thought about darkening the FG to get a bit more layering?

Looking at the raw I would go FF rather than cropped, I think it looks better. Those flies are just so pesky and must be such a nuisance.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Morning Steve,

Not sure it is worth reprocessing, have more images in those folders worth looking at I agree foliage is a bit annoying and I see what you meant about the foot but eyes look ok to me ( maybe the squinting has something to do with her seeing all those buffalo )

Meanwhile I'll keep sharing what I have, I am sure you won't mind

Have a beautiful day, here it has stopped raining and I am preparing for a 'slip and slide' to work

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not sure it is worth reprocessing, have more images in those folders worth looking at
    Indeed you do, this comes back to my point about what you actually finally import into Lr, but for simple editing what you shoot to then cull the selection into keepers, maybe's bin, you need to use a quicker browser.

I agree foliage is a bit annoying and I see what you meant about the foot but eyes look ok to me ( maybe the squinting has something to do with her seeing all those buffalo
    I think you can work with the foliage, but yes the eyes are spooky.

Meanwhile I'll keep sharing what I have, I am sure you won't mind
    Keep sharing, why would I mind????

ave a beautiful day,
    You too, out tonight at a Charity fund raiser, so DJ & bow tie!!!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you so much Steve, I get your point

And I know they're weird but I quite like the spooky eyes

Have fun tonight and send me some pics please
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gabriela I reckon it's a good record of what was there but for me it doesn't quite work. I won't repeat Steve's comments but they are pretty much along the same thought line as mine.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I fully understand Jon, now I no longer like it either I'll find another lion for you
    Gabriela Plesea