Thread: Chamois II ( Juv., )

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Chamois II ( Juv., )

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ... another image from my recent trip to France into the Vosges
    My only< goal has been the Chamois , not much else to see in that area ... at least not that I heard of .
    This youngster was running back to the herd ....
    I do love the very dark/blue sky by now ... but not when I was there , I quit the shooting of the herd as they disappeared from the plateau .... tried to get back to my car . But I was not fast enough , got hit by a thunderstorm with wind , hail and rain . Soaking wet within minutes .... no chance for shelter on the plateau .

Canon EOS R3
    RF 100 - 500 IS L at 300 mm
    HH

F 7,1 ; Iso 5000 ; 1/2000 sec

Processed with Capture One and PSCC 2023

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Your discomfort was well rewarded Andreas, this is a fine image. It appears well focused and sharp colours look impressive and accurate. I like it simple as that.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gambling Chamois, sweet.

I like you caught it in mid stride, but feel it's a little big in frame and dominates the scene for me. The thick dense fur is capture/rendered well, what Mode did you have the lens set at? Based on the horizon is it sloping down hill, but you levelled the subject? Overall the colours are rich and vibrant, but with the oncoming rain, I might have expected more dark grey sky, watch for posterisation.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well captured Andreas, nice image Boetie. Sorry to hear you got caught in the rain and hail but if you managed a number of good frames I suppose it was worth it

The dark 'before the storm' sky adds great mood to this frame. Subject sharp with lots of detail... a tad too sharp, maybe...or maybe not... not sure as I am viewing on the laptop. I really like the rich colours and environment, those grasses with the greens and yellows, and those textures on the subject's coat.

Don't mean to nitpick but I noticed an unusual amount of blur behind the subject and under its belly, also around the front legs. As well as two identical little stalks near the front left leg. Can you explain those?

Overall a lovely frame and I enjoyed viewing. Been without electricity almost the whole day and well we are still in the dark... thank goodness for my laptop and cellphone

Hope you have a wonderful week ahead and thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks folks for your comments , much appreciated .

@ Gabriela .... yes I have cleaned up some distractions , maybe I should have looked closer and blindly trusting the new tools in PS . Next time I will look better

@ Steve ... sky could go darker , but I am ok with it as presented . I am ok with the size of the subject ( it should dominate the scene )... but a wider view would work as well . As it happened quickly I was not able to zoom out and keep following the Chamois . No leveling in post and it is running slightly downwards . Mode 1 was in use .

Cheers Andreas

6. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

As you were panning across then Mode 2 would have been the optimum mode.
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Might be .... but I am not fast enough to zoom out , change the mode on the fly , compose the image and keep it in focus .... simply too much for a decently old bugger .

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think if you had time, changing the Mode and disabling eye dectection may have bolstered the IQ.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

All theory ... as this is nothing I can plan in the field , when subjects start to run .
    And i do not see any IQ issues .