Thread: Portrait Iguana iguana

adcolon

Default Portrait Iguana iguana

Attached Images Attached Images

University of Puerto Rico's Botanical Gardens. Canon 30D, Canon 180mm macro w/ext tube and 580X flash. ISO 100, f/16 at 1/250 sec.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely portrait, and I really like the green on green monochrome look. I like the falloff of light from left to right, and great focus on the eye. If he would have let you, I would have liked to see a little wider view so there would be a little clearance to the edge of the frame where his ear is, and to twist the comp a little for more diagonal line of his head and body.

Ed Vatza

WOW, now that is getting up close and personal. Beautiful detail. The eye looks great. And I love the color. Excellent image.

adcolon

Thanks and, by the way, it is a juvenile not more than a foot long.

Julie Kenward

What a portrait! Love the way you composed it and the lighting is spectacular. The dark side really invokes the mood that goes along with a creature like this. I really think you nailed this but if you could do it again I'd love to see his nostril just as tack sharp as that eye of his. The pattern of his skin is just remarkable!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I too like the dramatic lighting.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Gordon Craig

I think this is a great shot. Although some may debate the effect, I think the twinkle in this creatures eye from the flash adds to the picture.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gordon, I think you're right on -- even creatures need some catchlight, it's not just for people portraits.