Thank You Posts

Default Autumn Pheasant

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon R6
    f/4 400mm DO Mk2 at 800mm
    f/8
    1/200
    ISO 3200

I captured this one from the vehicle with beanbag....It was raining at the time, hence the SS, unfortunately no rain on this frame....I did get the rain streaks on other frames, but the HA and poses weren't so good....ACR, Topaz DN and PS....

Will

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Will, very nice, love the setting and helpful that the pheasant was side on to you. Not sure on this differential between the subject and the BKG and it stems from a conversation I had with Joe, where you have this super smooth backdrop through NR and this super sharp image where its almost has a 'cutout' appearance, and pegging back the numbers might help and or just zero the sharpening leaving just the Output sharpening being applied, but... Certainly at 3200 there is posterisation to the backdrop.

Just watch where you may have added to the BKG as the colour has bleed over the tips of the tail, some repeat patterns nd a vertical line.

TFS
    Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Will. This is a really nice frame. I'm actually fine with the FG/BG, but see where Steve is coming from here. I do see the colour bleed Steve mentions. Love the details and colours in the bird. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Will, certainly the colors on this guy really pop. Love that!

Absolutely love the subject and the backdrop is really cool and mottled. The perch leaves some to be desired but it definitely has a sort of farm feel to it.

Some odd sort of masking effect going on with the rump and rear feathers, not sure what happened there?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the color on the bird, but the subject appears a tad bit crunchy on the body. Detail on face and legs is great. Wooden railing is what it is.

There is a really obvious vertical seem below the tip of the tail. No idea what's going on there. I really like the gently-dappled background.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, some processing artefacts quite visible under the tail, and under the railing at right edge. Bird looks good, and the perch, although not ideal, is at least fairly weathered for a rustic feel.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks guys....much appreciated