Thread: Cleared For Landing

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Cleared For Landing

Attached Images Attached Images

I captured this image of a Great Egret turning to land on it's nest at a rookery in north Tampa. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 500mm PF, handheld
    1/3200 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 250 Auto 1 WB, image captured at 500mm (750mm 35mm Equivalent)
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC 2022 and Topaz Denoise AI
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The bird is sure showing its presence.....Well captured Joe, I like the flight pose.....Good that the clouds change the colours in the BG....

Will

3. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a really engaging image with the green lores, direct stare, and open beak. You do have a real exposure challenge here though. The upperwings are super bring and it's really hard to get any detail on the legs since they're shadowed by the body. The wing cutting directly though the face is also tough for me. The soft blue in the BG is very nice; I just wish there was more of it and less of the bright white which competes with the bird.

5. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Anderson View Post
    This is a really engaging image with the green lores, direct stare, and open beak. You do have a real exposure challenge here though. The upperwings are super bring and it's really hard to get any detail on the legs since they're shadowed by the body. The wing cutting directly though the face is also tough for me. The soft blue in the BG is very nice; I just wish there was more of it and less of the bright white which competes with the bird.
    Hi Dorian, thank you for viewing and commenting, I had another go with the image keeping your suggestions and comments in mind. The legs are what they are, trailing behind so most likely loosing focus and as you wrote in the shadows. Here is the edit and relpost.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice flight pose and open beak is great! I agree with Dorian about the exposure challenges. I light the BG myself though

8. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, much appreciated.
    Joe Przybyla