Thread: Least Sandpiper in the Water.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Least Sandpiper in the Water.

Attached Images Attached Images

Shot in Nd slough. This one was in some fog too. What is amazing is I thought the fog had lifted as it was late. Maybe it was just laying low and I wasn't aware of it as I was in the blind. I had taken some Avocets earlier and didn't have as much fog.
    Processed with Dpp 4,Photoshop,Topaz noise. Shot in vertical position and looked at different crops not lots of room. Comments and critiques much appreciated. The Previous comments helped me process this one. Thanks very much.
    Canon R3
    Rf 600 f/4 L Is
    840mm
    1/2000
    M 6.3
    ISO 2500

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely low angle and reflection, Kevin. The is a bit of haze, but the color and detail still look pretty good. My bigger issue is the composition. With the wide, horizontal rings, I don't think a vertical composition works. There is a ton of empty space above the subject, and you really need to more of the rings for this image to reach its full potential.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kevin .... the subject and the ripples are looking good for the most part , not so much the crop here . I think I would echo Dorians thoughts here ... for sure matter of taste .
    Again a more hazy appearance ... personally I think you need more clarity to make this more appealing , just my take .
    But as you posted the second image in a row , you seem to like the hazy appearance ... which is ok for me .

TFS Andreas

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dorian for your suggestions much appreciated. It was shot in vertical position not much left, would you add canvas?

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks again Andreas its not that I like the hazy appearance. I was just trying not to push the slider too much in ACR. I think this was about forty and needed close to eighty to get rid of the haze. Can you push it too far? I also used the dehaze slider.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin Hice View Post
    Thanks again Andreas its not that I like the hazy appearance. I was just trying not to push the slider too much in ACR. I think this was about forty and needed close to eighty to get rid of the haze. Can you push it too far? I also used the dehaze slider.
    For me the Dehaze thingie in LR /ACR is not the best tool , IMHO . If I use it ( in ACR as a filter in PS) I never go above 15 as it amplifies noise to a degree . Just try the method I showed you yesterday ....
    Adding canvas would not work .... as you will not be able to create natural looking ripples , I think .
    Last edited by Andreas Liedmann; 08-29-2022 at 09:18 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Or go even further than my RP

just added a USM layer with the following values 15/215 /2 and used the " Blend IF " slider to exclude the highlights from the edit