Thread: Green Jay 2

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Green Jay 2

Attached Images Attached Images

Here's another image from my time at Santa Clara Ranch. Seed was used to in the setup

A1
    200-600mm at 600mm
    1/800 at f/6.3
    ISO 3200

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nicely composed, I am guessing this is a set up..... there are a couple of areas where I think the branch has been snapped. I would be inclined to lift the darks, some are inky black and no detail. The hint of colour variation in the background enhances the presentation.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi Kurt .... attractive bird on nice perch with a good posing and killer bg , nothing more to wish for imho.

basically all does look good to me , love the color palette . personally I think you can afford a touch more brightness and try to coax out more detail if the bird does show them in real life . if there bird does have the blacks that deep I would leave it as is .

killer shot , nice work and tfs Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love it when almost everything in an image is in the same plane of focus, ( except the background). Exposure, sharpness and image design-- spot on.

Jack

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it. Addressed a few broken barely noticeable broken branches, lightened the face a bit and sharpened it with a Contrast Mask. I only wish the lens had been pointed down an inch or so to get the bottom of the Y-perch.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.