Thread: Theme: Rosehip Royalty

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Rosehip Royalty

Name:  20200930-Dark-Eyed-Junco-Berries-thorns-4x5-Brian-Sump_BMS1303-FORUM-SIG-USM35_.3-final.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  576.7 KB

Been trying to pin down these Dark Eyed Juncos for a few outings. Finally got a one to cooperate on this wild Rosehip branch.

D850
    600mm + 1.4x
    HH
    ISO 800
    1/3200
    f7.1

LR and PS, DN and Tk. Removed a couple leaves and couple small imperfections on the limb and minor bkg touch up.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Awe come on, my friend... How long did you have to wait for this beauty to land THERE... But seriously, simply sublime canvas. No nits here. TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice frame. Everything looks good.

TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice shot indeed. I probably would have moved the bird to the right, which may or may not have been a mistake.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

From the thumbnail I judged too quickly about the comp, but upon seeing the larger size version I see that the central placement works here because of the framing of the berries on each side. Good BG, perch, sharpness, colours. Feeder setup by any chanceÉ

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice small in the frame photo and a nice subject. The foliage though takes my eyes off the bird....
    Dan Kearl

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Awe come on, my friend... How long did you have to wait for this beauty to land THERE... But seriously, simply sublime canvas. No nits here. TFS
    Ha, well as mentioned it took me a few outings to get the right shot. Got quite a few but not worth posting until this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Krishna Prasad kotti View Post
    Very nice frame. Everything looks good.

TFS
    Thanks a bunch Krishna!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Taylor View Post
    Very nice shot indeed. I probably would have moved the bird to the right, which may or may not have been a mistake.
    Hi Jerry, thanks for your comment. This had enough resolution to zoom in and crop tighter but the goal was to practice small in frame. I see how it could be more right as it's looking left.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    From the thumbnail I judged too quickly about the comp, but upon seeing the larger size version I see that the central placement works here because of the framing of the berries on each side. Good BG, perch, sharpness, colours. Feeder setup by any chanceÉ
    Thank you for mentioning this Daniel. I know typically centered subjects aren't ideal but my eyes said the same thing with the given flora.

No, I did select the branch from a local native bush 25 yards away and set up in a more clear area, but this was in the wild in its natural environment. Did use audio.

Quote Originally Posted by dankearl View Post
    Nice small in the frame photo and a nice subject. The foliage though takes my eyes off the bird....
    Thanks for the comment. Sorry it is distracting for youl.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very very nice Brian. I like how the flora contrasts so well in colour to the bird. Would maker a beautiful postcard!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think you've cropped this perfectly here Brian...Nicely balanced. Good BG ...nice pose..the reds give just the right amount of colour boost. Well done.

Will

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Burdett View Post
    Very very nice Brian. I like how the flora contrasts so well in colour to the bird. Would maker a beautiful postcard!
    Paul, really appreciate your positive comments thank you! Maybe I will make this a Christmas card or something, great suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by William Dickson View Post
    I think you've cropped this perfectly here Brian...Nicely balanced. Good BG ...nice pose..the reds give just the right amount of colour boost. Well done.

Will
    Will, very thankful for your encouraging comments!