Thread: Black Grouse display

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Black Grouse display

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing fine under these special circumstances.

I have chosen to manage my isolation by spending a lot of time in the nature to the extent that it can be done in a responsible way. I have found a lot of joy in pursuing difficult species together with a friend who is also a photographer. Our latest task involved two extremely tiring trips to a remote lek with Black Grouse. This was only the second time I had seen a leksite and it was a real treat. Getting photos proved difficult though as wind, temperature and attacking birds of prey made the birds very skittish. After a failed first attempt and a disappointing 2 hour walk back in knee deep freezing cold water, we still decided to give it another go. This is a frame from this morning.

It has been long since I had sooo many photos to publish and process. More to come of the Great Grey Owl and a Northern Hawk-owl I recently encountered. As well as oldies from Amazonia that I promised. Either way I chose to publish the shots I feel most interested in to hear feedback as I'm a bit critical of them myself.

All comments welcome!

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV | Canon 500mm f/4.0L IS USM II | ISO 1000 | 1/500s | f/4.5
    Last edited by Ivan Sjogren; 03-26-2020 at 11:54 AM.