Thread: Musician Wren - Most beautiful song in the world?

Threaded View

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Musician Wren - Most beautiful song in the world?

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I posted anything here. I have had sooo much work and studying lately so I simply haven't had time for photogrpahy. I find that those long periods without trips into the nature can make you quite blue. To counter this I took a second look at my photos from a recent trip to Brazilian Amazonia. This is a capture of one of my favourite birds in the world. The Musician Wren, probably one of the coolest birdsongs in the world. Unreal hearing the song cuting through a dark rainforest for the first time. The dark rainforest understory obviously makes this species a very difficult bird to photograph. We spent a few days trying to get a singing male to perch in the open. This was a set-up that finally worked. I have a few more from this moment when the sun hits the head in a spotlight effect, might post those later but haven't got time to edit them now.
    Anyway, all comments welcome!

Song of the Musician Wren (I strongly recommend a listen!): https://www.xeno-canto.org/species/Cyphorhinus-arada

Canon 7D Mark II | Canon 500mm f/4.0L IS L USM II | ISO 1000 | 1/200s | f/5.6
    Last edited by Ivan Sjogren; 02-18-2020 at 12:22 PM.