Thread: Regalia !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Regalia !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

As the title suggests , Tiger is a royal emblem of Indian wildlife and infact one of the most royal animals globally. We happened to sight this majestic cat perched on the iconic rocky terrain of Bandhavgarh, its vibrant orange hues glowing atop the blackish rocks. It was truly a sight to behold. And on top of that this sighting almost belonged to us for the longest period before other vehicles started to arrive on the scene. This young tigress is starting to capture a big territory which originally belonged to her now ageing mother and we all really hope that she turns out to be successful in doing so.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2019, WB, Curves, levels, selective colour, sharpening, one rnd of NR on bkg.

Canon 1DX MKII, Canon 200-400mm f4 @350mm, Bean bag.

ss 1/800, f/4.0, iso 2500.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, this is spectacular! One of the best tiger images I have seen!! The rock, the BG and the pose all come together nicely. Nice techs and the detail is great. Well done my friend!!!! Cheers to that! The eye level POV is cool too. No nits except it a bit centrally placed, alternatively you could crop a bit off the RHS as we see it.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb, I agree with Sanjeev, this really is a spectacular image and your choice of aperture would appear to be ideal, the tiger's head and forelimbs stand out very nicely. I like the colours, I don't know why but s soon as I saw it I thought DPP image, and it is a beauty - well done.

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

How beautiful! Regalia indeed, Haseeb Wonderful sighting and great opportunity well taken, superb pose from the tiger and I love the eye contact and intensity of that stare.

BG is awesome. I particularly like the "studio" feel of this image and suggest you try a B/W conversion as well. IQ looks great and sharpness is in good measure.

For me the central placement of the subject within the frame works well and I like the space on the RHS.
    I am loving this, one of the best tiger images you've shared so far. I might have said this to you before but your posts just get better and better, I must compliment you once again for your wonderful work in the field as well as processing skills

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar, haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela, Doc and Jon, I really appreciate your feedback and kind words of appreciation. Any or whatever improvement in my images is all because of BPN and people like you for providing very honest feedback each and every time , for that I am truly grateful.

@ Gabriela -- I like your suggestion for trying BW as well, something which never crossed my mind. Will do a BW posting from this same sighting but a different frame.

@ Doc -- I did try that off centre crop but then switched back to this version as in comparison this one felt right to me.

Thank you all once again.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you for reply Haseeb,

Just a note regarding central placement of tiger: as we look at the image the subject's lower body and lower limbs lean to the left and its face is ever so slightly turned to the right. For this reason I think your judgement is correct in giving him some space all around.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

10. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a special shot Haseeb. Definitely one of the best tiger images I've seen. The muted BG and dark sand work so well together to make the tiger really pop. Great details and exposure, and those eyes are to die for. TFS

12. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Haseeb, I like the change of environment with the almost 'volcanic' ground. What was the rational in shooting wide open? To me the image has a slight green cast to it and I'm sure it's not my MacBook Pro and so just pulling things back in terms of WB and balancing out the blacks & shadows I think it adds to the majesty of this animal. Another option is going a little tighter too.

The RP is just an option, not saying it's definitive.

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Steve for your comments and suggestions, much appreciated.

Reason for going f4 was 1) I thought the head and paws were on the same plane so it will come out sharp.
    2) also I didn’t want to crank up the iso as 1/800 was enough to freeze the moment and in doing so I also had that dynamic range and cleanest bkg possible to get.

your Rp has too much orange in the tiger . Also I liked the green cast in the OP.

Going tighter is definitely another option to explore.
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 12-27-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb ...simply stunning !!!
    A very majestic looking tigress . Love the clean overall look & feel .... lovely work !!
    Regarding techs ... why not going for higher Iso ? you know why i do ask !!!

A pleasure to view ... TFS Andreas

16. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I thought the head and paws were on the same plane so it will come out sharp.
    Hi Haseeb, the head is at the back, paws in front, you must have been some distance away?

your Rp has too much orange in the tiger . Also I liked the green cast in the OP.
    Orange I can live with, but a green cast sadly not.

18. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Andreas , like I said I didn’t wanted to compromise on dynamic range and details, I think 1/800 was enough and dof provided a nice and clean bkg.

@ Steve — I think i will stick with the colours in OP, seems fine to me but always appreciate different opinions.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb have you turned off NR in DPP ? ( Luminance )
    If not than you have two rounds of NR ....at least on BG . I would disable NR ( luminance ) in DPP . Will result in more detail ....in the subject . Just my take

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the pose and the sepration of the tiger from the background. Details look very nice as well. Nice direct stare and that look in those eyes. Nice one.

22. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

@ Andreas : high iso speed NR in camera is set to low. Will disable and see the results. Thanks .