Thread: Fallow deer buck

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fallow deer buck

Attached Images Attached Images

Canon 5D IV Canon 100-400 L IS II
    Auto ISO 1250, 1/800 sec f5.6 (If I had kept an eye on this I would have increased the shutter speed).
    ACR + PSCC

Taken early morning soon after dawn. I was disappointed with the head turn, as you might imagine I took several images but none with the ideal head angle.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Jonathan -- I loved the mood in this image, what lovely settings ! I liked the FG as well , the dew drops on the tall grasses , the fog , beautiful it is. Definitely the head angle more towards the camera would have helped but i still like this one.

Nicely done.

TFS !

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John, love the overall scene and Autumnal colours, the misty/foggy BKG real works a treat.

Nicely framed and I personally like the OOF FG, some may not, or would prefer less, but all personal prefs I think. Definitely more SS, you had the ISO and so the subject would I feel be a bit sharper, but hey, it's an image that has 'character'. Here I wonder if it might benefit from a small vignette just to draw the eye in????

TFS
    Steve

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love the fog, the mood, the soft light, and the pose. This might have been amazing if the animal were looking right at us ... IAC, it is quite excellent.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice. This just screams fall. The composition is nice. Like the low angle as well. The mood is great.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the ambience and mood here Jon, I like the colours and the subject, nicely seen and photographed.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really like this one Jon. Lovely detail and very atmospheric. Nice POV and colours throughout are really nice. I see this as a typical English countryside scene, and feel that I am there when looking at this image. With my Reindeer up in Scotland, it sure shows the difference in habitat between Scotland and England. Well done.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

For me Jon one of your most lovely frames it just screams autumn and the country I know,I still struggle with fallow not being native but hey The fog the dew drops the colour of the fallen oak,it screams England,ok with a EU deer

I sort of agree on the head turn but by the same token it's quite cool to see you being largely ignored,it gives a really relaxed feel to the frame which sits with an english country morn

Lovely lovely work Jon so much atmosphere deeply appealing to me this one !!!

stu

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Stu glad you liked it.