Thread: Golden Eagle on chase

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Golden Eagle on chase

Attached Images Attached Images

Just back from trip to FL. While out shooting R. Spoonbills I heard a raptor screeching after something. This shot doesn't show the target but an Osprey was being chased by this - a Golden Eagle? Will be posting several from the sequence unfortunately given the long lens I had to choose my target so most are only of an acrobatic howling Eagle... better than an Osprey with a fish (IMO). Thanks for looking.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a young Bald Eagle. Young goldens have a large white tail band and white windows on the wings. I like the pose you have and the great topside view. Birds seems to be banking away from us a bit and the head is a little soft. You didn't list your settings but I imagine it is soft from motion blur.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Isaac. IDs are a pain for me as I'm no birder (yet)... still learning the camera "ropes"... bird IDs to follow! :)
    Yes, oops - forgot settings: they were: D850, Sigma 500/4 with 1.4 (700mm), 1/3200, 6.3, ISO 640, Manual, HH - C1P raw, PS CCC 2018 NR SS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice dorsal view of this juvie. The birds head is turned away a little. Details look good.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, a nice bank shot of this immature Baldie. Feather detail is nice and BG is dreamy. Would be nice to have a bit more of a direct stare, but what can you do, right?

Golden Eagle doesn't ever show this amount of white on the head or upperparts. They also have proportionately smaller heads compared to Balds.
    Golden Eagle is also incredibly rare in Florida as they are generally more northern and western, and often at higher elevations. Bald is common in FL.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

nice banking shot and good plumage details! I like the open beak too just wish he was angled a bit more towards you

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog