Thread: Juvie Bald Eagle - Lift off

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Juvie Bald Eagle - Lift off

Attached Images Attached Images

Another shot from my few days down at Bosque. Ray Robles (on our forums) and I planned to get in touch with each other once there - and then happened to strike up a conversation together not knowing who "we were"... how funny. Anyhow, we paired up on the first deck after entering the park (for those who have been on site) with the light to our back. This fella was already there with his back to us. He finally turned around but kept his head away from the most direct light. I tried to keep Ray engaged in conversation so I'd be the only one to get a shot (my joke)... but as luck would have it I was able to grab a few frames when he decided he'd listened to us long enough. I like the wing extension and pinion work, but wish his head would have had more light. Ah well, take what I can get.

Details: D500 and Sigma 500/4, 1/3200, 6.3, ISO 250, HH, PS CCC 2018.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful taking off pose. Details look really nice. Agree about the head angle.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent fully extended wings pose, I agree about the light on the head as well - maybe try a little selective curves adjustment there. Also, there is a halo around the underside of bird that should be an easy fix to neaten it up a little

Mike

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful lift-off pose. Nice detail and fully extended wings.

Geoffrey

http://https://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh man, seeing this pains me!! can't believe the very second I put my camera down to get the monopod, he decided to take off!!

But great capture you have here. Since I saw that image in our LCD screen on the camera I knew it was a keeper. I agree about the head been a bit darker, but you can surely fix it by lifting the shadows a bit. The pose is just perfect!