Thread: Wood Duck in Autumn Colours.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wood Duck in Autumn Colours.

Attached Images Attached Images

There was some nice reds and greens reflecting in a certain spot of a pond, so I offered some corn in that strategic spot to lure the Wood Ducks into those colours.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/320s., f/4, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop after slight rotation, a few of spots in the water removed via spot healing brush.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Such nice colors throughout. The BG looks like a watercolor. Colors and detail on the bird are great. I'm always impressed at the detail you can get at pretty low shutter speeds. No nits from me, a very solid portrait. TFS

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I just love the colours Dan absolutely gorgeous. I understand the portrait crop but I really really would like to see a pano version.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Your usual fine techs, and what gorgeous colors. It's almost as if the water is trying to compete with the duck, or vice versa.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nicely conceived and created Daniel.The colours of this species often appear overdone but in this image you've really captured the individual feather structure on the head and neck beautifully with a nice soft touch. The presentation of BG colours is inspired.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is so cool. Really does look like a painting. I will say it again that you must have super human strength to hand hold at such slow shutter speeds! I agree with Jonathan. This is too good to not want to see more.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty cool frame. Agree with Jon, and I would also like to see a pano version.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, yes, yes... a really superb frame. Great detail, great colour and a gorgeous bird posing perfectly. I'd be interested too in seeing a landscape version if you had one but I suspect it won't work as well as the bird will start to get lost in the background and foreground colour. As a huge wall print though, a different story. You do have good technique to hand hold that tank of a lens although I imagine not so difficult if short bursts. Those image stabilisers are life savers. Superb - wish it was mine.