Thank You Posts

Default Snowy Egret walking on water

Snowy egret that was chasing another that did not make the frame
    1/2000 sec at 450mm f/5.6 ISO 250 0 EV

Cropped and edited for presentation all CC welcomed and appreciated

_IMG7724 by edward Perry, on Flickr

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Edward, welcome to BPN!! Great pose you got here from this egret, it really is walking on water. Open bill adds interest. I like the hind foot dragging water up with it. I'd love to see the whites toned down a bit, and a less boxy comp, but great start here...looking forward to more!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cadieux View Post
    Hi Edward, welcome to BPN!! Great pose you got here from this egret, it really is walking on water. Open bill adds interest. I like the hind foot dragging water up with it. I'd love to see the whites toned down a bit, and a less boxy comp, but great start here...looking forward to more!

Thank you!! thank you for welcoming me. I started Photography just 5 months ago so.. i have a lot to learn about everything :-) no need to be soft on me.. I do not get offended, I just work harder. Post work is what I am focusing on now along with composition and workflow..

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great action shot Edward - not always easy to capture. I love the yellow and black legs and the great colour around the face and open bill. Agree with Daniel that the bright whites on the bird could be toned down a bit and hopefully bring out a touch more detail in those parts but looking pretty good overall to me. Thanks for sharing.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I took the highlights and whites down, then added contrast and sharpness. Hopefully this is a better image

_IMG7724-2 by edward Perry, on Flickr