Thread: coyote

Dave Slaughter

Default coyote

Attached Images Attached Images

Coyote by Soda Butte creek, Yellowstone.
    Canon 400D
    400mm f5.6 lens.

Alfred Forns

Hi Dave Would suggest working on the eyes a bit Not sure how many other poses you were able to make, would like to see the feet without the overlapping

If he went further into the stream sure hope you made some there !!! Always like encountering these guys !!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave, A few suggestions. Would you kindly post your exif data, ISO, Shutter Speed, AV, Exposure if dialed in, how much of a crop is it or is this full frame. etc. This will help in our commenting as to what you could do differently, if anything. If we suggest a larger crop and you dont have it, then we say foolish things. :)

I realy like wolves! Coyotes too! It would be nice to se all 4 legs and fet individualy without overlap. Or in the stream looking more to the right or left. Either way, this is a nice photo. Thanks for sharing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Dave,
    Beautiful animal!

The exposure looks good and you did pick a beautiful subject.
    IMO a little more USM and a " looser" crop would make this a stronger image.

Thanks for sharing,
    James

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I guess this is a big crop. The eyes portion appears to be soft. As pointed in previous posts, kindly post the exif, ISO etc for us to comment better.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks to me that your plane of focus is behind the coyote on the rocks.. Might need to test the camera lens combo for backfocus and if ti's happning regularly a trip to canon is required... Great subject by the way..

Robert Amoruso

Dave,

On the focusing question, try to use a single sensor that you can place on the face or eye as that will give you better control of critical focus.

Van Hilliard

All of the above are valid points and I agree with them but I don't think you should take the advice as saying this isn't a good photo. I really like it. I like the color, the position of the coyote in the photo and the surroundings. I especially like the way the pebbles (rocks?) and water provide for an unusual and eye-catching setting.