Thread: Adult Emu (C)

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Adult Emu (C)

Attached Images Attached Images

When I saw Glenn's post of a juvenile Emu I contacted him to say I had a image of a adult Emu almost a mirror image of his that I would like to post so that a comparison by members/viewers could be made. With his encouragement I am posting the image. Walking to the rookery in Gatorland I always walked by a pen containing Emu. Always they seemed to be in the wrong position until this day when I captured this image. The bird was in the deep shade and I was using a new camera, thus the settings which I used would probably have changed now. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
    1/125 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 250 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
    Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Joe, you've achieved a lovely shot. I like the clearly visible serrations on the bill and the 'hair-do'! Composition and IQ are great. The only suggestion I'd make is to selectively lighten or reduce shadows on the eye to bring it out a bit more (without making it unnatural). In hindsight, it also may have been better to turn the ISO and aperture up so you had a bit more DOF. In case others are wondering, the bluish tint to the skin is normal although I can't comment on how precisely it is displayed here.