The sunrise over Snow Mountain in Lake county California

Canon 10D
    Canon 100-400 IS
    Set on beanbag in my bedroom window
    ISO 100
    xposure not recorded

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Chris,
    This one is tough to evaluate because of the small size. You can go up to 800ppi on the longest dimension. The layer effect of the atmoshere looks very nice. It looks as if there are some distiguishable sun rays peeking through the upper cloud but again.......at this size tough to tell. The top dark grey area is a bit distracting at this size but i have the feeling that in a larger version there is a bit of detail in there. You can find the exposure information in a number of programs........Breezebrowser, Adobe Bridge, or even the Camera software. Check and see if you can find the specs as this helps others learn if they ever find themselves in this situation. At this small size it looks very nice..........hope you can re-post a larger version by just hitting the Go advance button below the Quick reply box.

Robert Amoruso

Hi Chris and welcome,

Roman had some great comments. I like the dark band at the top but just might crop a bit of it off. Interesting view from your window.

Good eye for layering the image using the atmospheric effects - a classical landscape technique to add depth to an image. Don't forget to get the image size up to 800 ppi on the long side and 200kb file size for the best viewing here.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the layered effect and agree with Robert Amoruso about cropping away some of the dark band.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.