Thread: Turquoise Browed Motmot

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Turquoise Browed Motmot

This image is an example of how good forest birding can be in the rainforests. Costa Rica is more than just a few feeders and multi flash hummingbirds and offers way more species if you start exploring the forests. With the right techniques and knowledge, these images are easily possible even during a bird walk.
    After 2 back to back trips and memory card full of images I am taking a short break before heading to Ecuador in a couple of months. Prime targets will include Hummers, COTR, Antpittas, Tanagers and much more. Bookmark my website to find out more about the trip soon - www.supreetsahoo.com

Name:  0E6A9038aa.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  315.7 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

These are very pretty birds that I have seen many of. I like the perch and the nice green background. I like the over the shoulder look but wish the head was facing the camera more as now it is just looking away. Bird seems a bit dark to me and I don't think the fine feather details are as sharp and defined as they could be. I would burn the highlights on the top of the perch, especially on the left side. Don't think the out of focus branch below adds anything to the image either. Background would benefit from some more NR. Hard to make suggestions as you didn't list the camera and lens used nor any of the settings.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice image and a nice bird agree with Issac about the exposure.