Thread: Long Eared Owl

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Long Eared Owl

Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for a little feedback on this guy. Shot it with 100-400II at 135, 1/250 sec, flash, ISO 400. Taken near Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Thanks!
    Paul

Name:  z leo.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  367.4 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Something odd about the three images posted -- maybe a mod could fix it. Around here these are very secretive birds, that I've only gotten the briefest glimpses of. Under the circumstances you have done a handsome job catching this one, with a full head-on stare. Head is nice and sharp. I wish the one twig didn't go through his ear, which I guess you could fix if you were so inclined. I wonder if the bird could be just a tiny bit brighter, although that might hurt the very nice twilight feeling of the image. Wish it were mine.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, Bill. I actually meant to post one image, the largest - I clicked on "preview" but the others must have remain attached as I tried to get the file size right. I appreciate the feedback. Tough subject to photograph as long eared owls like lots of cover so aren't exactly in the open too much, so I had to kind of battle twigs and branches and all kind of things in my face.