Thread: Hillsborough RIver Pano

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hillsborough RIver Pano

Attached Images Attached Images

Pano of the Hillsborough River, not far from the only class 2 whitewater rapids in the state.

1d MkII, 24-70@ 63mm 4 sec, f/20, 5 vertical shots stitched manual in PS, one of the first panos I ever did

Jason

Jim Caldwell

Excellent stitching, Jason - did you take the individual images in vertical mode? I recently spoke to a photographer on the other coast who shoots a lot with an 8 x 10 camera and is now stitching landscapes taken with a 1Ds. You can really preserve a lot of detail if done correctly.

Robert Amoruso

Wonderful looking image Jason. No nits here.

I wanted to add why this works. Strong FG element on the left, river as a leading line and you created it when it was overcast thereby lowering contrast. Awesome DOF and details.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very three-dimensional feel to it--great atmosphere!

I would mention that the upper RH edge could be trimmed a bit--there's the start of another tree entering the frame.

Judd Patterson

A really great view Jason! I love the foreground cypress knees along with the colors and flowing water. Very well done.

Maxis Gamez

This is lovely Jason. How did you get here? Do you have GPS coordinates?

Josh O'Donnell

Jason, this is a great image... I have tried to make similar images at HRSP and failed quite miserably. The vivid colors take this over the top for me...

Maxis, I believe this image was made at Hillsborough River State Park, which is located just outside the NE part of Tampa on US Highway 301.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, this was taken at Hillsborough River State Park., north of the first rapids overlook. From the overlook just follow the trail north, loads of scenery along the river. To get to this spot just go north past the coral snake, stop before you get to the cottonmouth (it is a little "snakey" along the river, just watch where you put your hands and feet when you get off the beaten trail along the river :eek::D)

Jason

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
    Very three-dimensional feel to it--great atmosphere!

I would mention that the upper RH edge could be trimmed a bit--there's the start of another tree entering the frame.
    But then he would lose that beautiful fern in the lrc... I love the greens and the COMP. You would have enjoyed meeting John Moran--he does lots of similar stuff and well.

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Rich Ikerd

Has a very prehistoric look to it Jason. Very nicely taken and assembled. Guess its time to head back over to Tampa to check this place out again.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful!!!