Thread: Least sandpiper with reflection

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Least sandpiper with reflection

Attached Images Attached Images

Image taken at Grand Pre, Nova Scotia. Nikon D7100 with 300 f4-PF-VR and 1.4 converter, hand-held, kneeling on the muddy shore. 1/3200, f7.1, ISO1600, exposed to the right and adjusted in Lightroom. Just one of hundreds of mixed shorebirds present at high tide, mostly juveniles by now. Thanks for looking.

Richard

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love juvenile shorebirds so will always click on one. I like the reflection and the rocky perch . That combined with the blue water is very nice. On the whole, unfortunately this image does not work for me. The eye is very dark, the sun angle is too high and not at your back giving you some strong shadows below and to the right of the bird as well. This alone would make it a delete for me. I would prefer to see more of the rock. The whole image needs a round of noise reduction and to me the head in particular is not sharp and lacks fine feather details. Plus the whole image to me is still quite bright and lacking in contrast. Don't think you needed anywhere close to a SS of 1/3200 for a shorebird that is perched on a rock. Would have been better to lower your ISO which would reduce your noise and also get you a better exposure. Don't mean to offend, just trying to give an honest critique.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the colors but the shadow down the face and right side are just a bit much.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Excellent image. Love the reflection.

Regards,
    Satish.