Thread: Lap Wing

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lap Wing

Attached Images Attached Images

Here's another image of the plover (masked lap wing or spur-wing plover). Curiosity got the better of him and decided to check out the strange critter laying in the grass.

In ACR - Exposure to the left. Highlights right to the left! Shadows right to the right. A little clarity and vibrance.

In PSCS6 - Hue/Sat layer on BG. A little painting a cloning. A little dodge and burn. Nik Dfine. Smart sharpened for web posting.

Canon 5D2
    Canon 70-200mm @ 200mm
    f6.3 @ 1/1250
    ISO 640
    Hand Held

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Glennie! I am so happy to see this bird again! I personally prefer the pose from the first one; that one is tough to beat. As for this one, I think it needs a touch of contrast. Also, the head doesn't look as sharp as mid body. Is that right?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Adhika! I don't know what's gone on here! This looks really bad. I'll have a look when I get home.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice! Looks like he is concentrating on something. I like the pose and setting, with some detail in the FG and the soft BG.

Hard to tell about sharpness for me -- maybe the beak is a bit out of the focus plane? How does the catchlight look at 100%? The whites look perfect. The in-focus strip of grass suggests a little CCW rotation. I might clone out the one piece of brown grass pointed right at him.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Diane, but I honestly don't think what I have posted looks as good as the one on my computer. He looks a bit flat to me.

Ha! I saw that bit of grass and pondered on it way too long...and in the end decided to leave it. And yes, he is definately learning forward.