Thread: Leaving

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Leaving

Attached Images Attached Images

This is the same young gull as the previous image. Here he is leaving his fresh water bath. I liked the way he ruffled his feathers on exiting.

In ACR - raised exposure +1.4. Whites +51. A touch of clarity.
    In PSCS6 - Hue/Sat layer on BG and one on FG water. Sand bar cloned out and canvas added to RHS. Nik tonal adjustment.

Canon 5D2
    Sigma 150-600mm @600mm
    f8
    ISO 1000
    1/1250
    Hand Held

C&C Always welcomed and appreciated!
    Last edited by Glennie Passier; 06-27-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice action shot and I like the water droplets!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice catch, with good wing position and nice detail in the wings. Nice whites! My only thought would be to lower contrast in the water to the left of the main splash, as it pulls my eye a little, but no big deal. Are the feet and beak that dark? Might not be easy to lighten them but they look a little muddy to me -- but then I know nothing of this bird.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice BG, Glennie. Overcast days really help with the whites and it's very lovely here. I had the same internal debate with my Tern picture last time and I see what you did here with the crop. I think I might give that a try on mine as well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great capture, Glennie! Head angle, droplets and action ROCK! Bottom of pic (water) is at proper angle, but have you thought about a bit of CCW rotation? (just looking at the mid-line waves). Then again, I could be "all wet" LOL!
    www.mibirdingnetwork.com .... A place for bird and nature lovers in the Great Lakes area.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you all.

Diane - Thank you. I see what you mean about the darker water. His feet and beak are a muddy orange with black trimmings. He is young. When he is an adult his legs and beak are bright red and his eyes are almost white. I will post and adult soon.

Adhika - Our friends we camped with were cursing the weather...I thought it was magic! I have no problems with adding canvas if it looks like an easy job.

Sandy - LOL! This image was straightened so many times it wasn't funny. I do think the mid-line waves are part of the circular ripple from where the gull is exiting, so maybe a little rounded at the edges? That's my story, anyway.