Thread: The Sea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Sea

I tried something different at the beach and this might be one of the more successful one. Pan blur shot at 200mm, f/22, 1/15sec, ISO200. Cropped a sliver from the top and bottom. On hindsight should have used an ND filter rather than stopping down to f/22. Cleaned up a tons of dust bunnies as a result. I used the structure slider in Viveza to bring out some clarity on the wave's texture.

Name:  DSC_5804-Edit.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  155.8 KB
    Last edited by Adhika Lie; 06-24-2016 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Uploaded wrong image

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice -- coming from one who can rarely get a blur I like. Love the horizontal layers. Backlight thru the waves is awesome! Maybe a gradient darkening of the FG??

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

OK Adhika! This is very nice. You have inspired me enough to post a wave shot. But maybe over in the ETL.

Love the zig zag/horizontal lines...and as Diane has said..the light through the wave and the swirling sand within is lovely.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Adhika - I too like this a lot. Blurs can be fun to do but I have not tried one of the ocean. I like all the different colors coming through and the seemingly different directions of movement. You might want to consider posting this in OOTB as well.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Adhika

I like the layers and the colours.. I would try a little NR also..

DON

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone!

Don, definitely. I haven't done any NR on this one but you are right, the structure slider does bring out the noise.

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice blur Adhika...I love the various tones and the way they are divided throughout the comp...nice work!!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Love the colors and I am one of the original blur lovers. Yes to a 3- or 5-stop ND. For the repost I cropped a bit off the bottom and added a bit of motion blur. You could have duplicated that by panning horizontally a bit in the field. In addition, I boosted the Vibrance a bit.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.