Thread: Red Dragonfly

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Red Dragonfly

Attached Images Attached Images

Red Dragonfly at Gorumara National Park,West Bengal,India,May'2016.
    Exif: Nikon D7000 + 420mm f/11,iso 1600, 1/60s,handheld and no flash.It's full frame shot..no crop..
    Last edited by ANIT MITRA; 06-06-2016 at 02:53 PM. Reason: To add more detail

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thats a cool looking insect indeed ! Focussed where it matters good positioningand a nice BG.
    Well done
    JohnR

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Anit I like the image, I think the dragonfly left wing is sharp the body a little less so (plane of focus/shutter speed) I would suggest 1/60 sec at 420mm handheld is never going to give pin sharp results.
    I would suggest modifying the background to make it less intrusive, I have made a version for you to consider - it may of course not be to your tast that is fine but I think a less intensely saturated background would help. I desaturated and modified the Hue slightly.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Anit I like the image, I think the dragonfly left wing is sharp the body a little less so (plane of focus/shutter speed) I would suggest 1/60 sec at 420mm handheld is never going to give pin sharp results.
    I would suggest modifying the background to make it less intrusive, I have made a version for you to consider - it may of course not be to your tast that is fine but I think a less intensely saturated background would help. I desaturated and modified the Hue slightly.

Thanks for the comments & suggestions with the attachment. And I like it after watching my prev. side by side...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Thats a cool looking insect indeed ! Focussed where it matters good positioningand a nice BG.
    Well done
    JohnR

Thanks Sir for your valuable input...
    Regards
    Anit Mitra

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely dragonfly. I like Jonathan's suggestion about the BG. Also good advice on shooting. (Don't know what color the dragonfly should be.) If whites could be reduced on the perch it would also add a bit.