Thread: Prothonotary Warbler

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Prothonotary Warbler

Attached Images Attached Images

Was happy to see this little guy singing the other night at a county park where he's nesting for the summer. Any thoughts/comments appreciated. Shot with Canon 7D Mark II, 800mm, ISO 2500 - it was cloudy and later in the day, and I was under a bunch of trees. Shutter is 1/400 on the tripod, f 6.3.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Paul, cool to see another Minnesotan here! Nice find! and on a open perch, and singing! I still haven't seen one yet. It has been a tough year for me for warblers this year. I finally wandered up to Duluth and saw thousands of them, but they were skittish and stayed up high, so no pics. Looks like the bird and branch could use a bit of sharpening, it looks a touch soft to me. ~ MT

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful bird with calling pose here... Love the parch and BG .... The details missing here on both Subject and parch feels very flat image..

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Did you NR the bird? It looks like the detail is gone. Nice pose and light.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Thompson View Post
    Hi Paul, cool to see another Minnesotan here! Nice find! and on a open perch, and singing! I still haven't seen one yet. It has been a tough year for me for warblers this year. I finally wandered up to Duluth and saw thousands of them, but they were skittish and stayed up high, so no pics. Looks like the bird and branch could use a bit of sharpening, it looks a touch soft to me. ~ MT
    Hi Michael, thanks for the comments. It might be due to some of the noise reduction. I did work it again in RAW.

Name:  zz prothonotary.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  155.2 KB