Thread: love the foot!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default love the foot!

Attached Images Attached Images

Incoming roseate tern with an up foot before the touchdown. I wish I had some tail feather showing, but rock wins over feathers...

Canon 1Dx
    600mmII

iso 800
    1/2500

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A species I wish I had. Love the wing position, and the foot. The black on the head looks blocked on my screen. The underwings seem well exposed, but a bit lacking in detail -- maybe a DOF issue? Or maybe with a little Detail Extractor or more USM you could eke out a bit more.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The pose and foot are pretty neat! The wings very angelic. The perch is nice. I agree the blacks on the head look blocked, there is perhaps something you can do during raw conversion to open it up even if only a bit (perhaps the "shadows" slider if your software of choice has one - I know the one in LR can work wonders in such situations. I also agree a bit more sharpening on the wings could be worth a try.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ann,

I responded to your post on shooting Terns. I love the pose and the raised red foot but the blacks are severely blocked and aren't going to be recoverable. I explained how to try to avoid this from happening in the future in your post. Good luck with your shooting.
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Ann,

This is very well framed and pose from the subject is great, I also like the perch. Nice clean BG. HA works, the raised foot indeed makes this image and adds a tad of humour:)

I agree with remarks above regarding choked blacks and lack of detail in the white of the feathers - I do believe you can extract more detail from those lovely wings, and perhaps from the blacks too. I would certainly spend some more time on this frame, don't mind the tail not showing and I really think it is a wonderful and unique capture, very well done

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea