Thread: Wild and free little owl

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Wild and free little owl

Once again as the season aproaches ,my passion and commitment for these hardy little birds will continue ...As i have previousley said these birds never leave a territory once established ,even when the Kestrels decide to move in just yards away .....Canomn 1Name:  26501449740_ee840f2e0d_o.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  180.6 KBkiv 300mm F4 at F4 iso 800 1/100sec +1 ev...Thanks to all who commented on my snow owl shot

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another pleasing LO shot Den. Like the symetry feel to this one- and the textured eyes too. Not too yellow like you often see. You know me and BG's but this one I can handle. Would have liked a bit of gradation but no deal breaker.
    I love all birds on small perches and this one does it good. Hope you didn't use mealworms !
    Cheers
    John
    I think the farmers barn refurbishments have put mine off for good. We will see. I,ll do redstarts instead !!
    Last edited by John Robinson; 05-04-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this a lot, one of your better ones of the owl. Perch, Bg, bird positioning all excellent. A winner!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dennis, the perch, the creamy bokeh, the eye contact - all are working superb.
    Thanks for sharing.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks John....there are some shots that you just wont get if you dont dont put some form of bait out,this shot is a return(later) visit from the bird after i tried for shots were a mouse was used earlier... curiosity always gets the better of the bird

Threads
    Thank You Posts

One of your best frames of these guys!! The pose, perch and Bg look great and I like the comp you chose. This is one that I might consider selectively sharpening just the face a bit. Well done
    Come join me for a Custom Raptor Workshop starting this November 2019- January 2020.
    P.M. me to inquire on dates, pricing and availabilities. Thank You.
    www.davidsalemphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the perch, the BG and the pose. I was going to say the bird looked over sharpened and then I saw David mentioned it needed more sharpening. Something looks a bit funky in the face and I''m not sure what it is, but I trust David's eyes over mine. Love the frame though.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Thanks all for the positive input on this shot,i too thought i may have oversharpned it as well ,its a fine line getting this right at the moment,this shot was imported in to Photoshop for a final USM were normally i do this in lightroom and very rarely do i need to go above 90 on the slider to achieve a this