Thread: Horned Grebes pose

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Horned Grebes pose

Attached Images Attached Images

As per the request in the dancing horned grebes thread, I reworked this one a little bit in photoshop and gave it its own thread. I have no idea how to fix the reflection, it was a weird one with it going off in different directions from the movements of the birds, so I just blurred and cropped it a bit. Removed some spots too.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the other one with the lines taken out of the reflection, and I attempted to darken the pupils with the clone stamp from the birds darker feathers, it is hard they are soooo tiny!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Reflections are so much better now! Mid-tones may be a little flat in the first one. What processing software and settings?

4. Thanks Michael Thompson thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Miller View Post
    Reflections are so much better now! Mid-tones may be a little flat in the first one. What processing software and settings?
    Hi Diane, Cool! I use Lightroom cc and photoshop. I see some people posting pics of their lightroom settings, I would like to share, but am not sure how to do it, can you point me to a tutorial? thanks!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think the easiest is to just make a screenshot and post it. It may need to be resized in some cases. You can post two pictures in one pane if you use the icon just above the message window that is the third from the right -- a little tree in a box.

Glennie and others who have been doing it may have more specific instructions.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Miller View Post
    I think the easiest is to just make a screenshot and post it. It may need to be resized in some cases. You can post two pictures in one pane if you use the icon just above the message window that is the third from the right -- a little tree in a box.

Glennie and others who have been doing it may have more specific instructions.
    Actually, I cannot even figure out how to make a screen shot, I have never done that before. ~

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

On a PC there is a PrtScn key, or something like that. Where it goes I don't remember. On a Mac, Cmd-Shift-4 gives you a cursor -- drag it diagonally and when you release it you get a .png file that lands on the desktop. I bring it into PS and convert to .jpg to make it smaller and fit the BPN posting requirements as needed.