Thread: Hellebore

Ron Conlon

Default Hellebore

Attached Images Attached Images

More macro but still floral.
    The ants love the nectarines (the tubular structures, apparently modified petals) and I always need to chase them out. The morning was quite cold so they were sluggish and easy to brush off.
    A stack (of about 50 frames) with a remote flash to the left.
    D800E 200mm f8 1/250s iso100

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Picking out a bit of the flower has certainly worked on this one. I ought to try it more often. I like the gentle haze wich sort of frames the centre- especially the bottom LH
    Good one. The weather here has broken at last so busy times coming up maybe.
    Cheers
    John

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

That is a bit special, I love the muted colours and the way the structures are so beautifully shown.
    I think the brightest highlights could be brought down just a fraction, it makes the flash less apparent and reduces the overall contrast a tad. I have taken the liberty of making and alternative for your consideration:

Ron Conlon

Thanks, all.
    Jon, that is a distinct improvement and I will incorporate it into the original. Thanks for the critique and repost.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

An interesting flower and I love the soft, modeled lighting. I also like the subtle change in Jon's repost - makes a nice finishing touch. Very nicely done!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a wonderful view inside a flower -- you have captured a magical miniature world with exquisite detail and composition. Jon's RP is the perfect tweak -- good eye.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great work Ron, these flowers are really something special and you did a good job capturing that! I like how the stacking brought out each and every detail in this extreme closeup, and the light is lovely. Great work with the flashes.