Default Theme .Last one. C?

Attached Images Attached Images

Nikon D7000
    Nikon 300mm 2.8
    1/1600@F8
    iso 640.
    Harvest Mouse.

Last Mouse picture for a while anyway.
    Thanks for taking a look and your comments tips and help on my last post, hope this one fits the bill.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Another great one of the mouse on the cherries! Watch the little red spot on the left edge of the frame (easy to remove). I might tame the yellows in the BG just a tad. TFS!
    Mark Needham

My Website

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith - Another cute image with good detail. The mouse seems to have a bit more red here. If it were mine I would drop the sats of the red slightly. I think the cherries look better too with it dropped just a bit. Not sure if you added any blur or cloned anything on the bg but there seems to be a smudge between the left most cherry and the one below and to the right. I would also prefer just a little more room below to include the bottom of the cherry and a little space below it. Agree with Mark on the bit of red and the yellows of the bg too. I also see a little noise in the bg so perhaps some light NR. Still one I would be happy to have and minor tweaks to take it up a notch.

TFS,
    Rachel

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely shot Keith but I have a sneaky feeling you have been increasing the contrast a little too much, as a consequence the greens and the cherries look very saturated. Also if you look carefully beneath the leaf with highlights you can see that your pretreatment has induced a patchiness in the background.
    I think the raw is worth another visit because it is a fine shot.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith -- Lovely image again , i agree with the above comments , its worth a rework . TFS !

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith, you have a lovely sequence of images and have illustrated that you can create fun and interesting images that don't have to be exotic, big or from far away lands. I appreciate these may only be one or two years old and that both your skill set in achieving the capture and the PP has come further since then, but you have the basic components there and so it's just developing them more and so I hope this Summer we will get to see more from you and just that little more 'better'.

I'm away so can't really comment too much on colour, but my only thought would be to come up about half am inch off the bottom so you cut through the three cherries more, creating a better edge IMHO. I like the slight head turn and the feeling that the mouse in balancing on that cherry and with the tail trailing off behind the vegetation

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Repost

Attached Images Attached Images

Think I must be careful with daylight/artificial when checking colours, this repost done in nice light this afternoon and must say it does look ok to me.be interested to know the thoughts of others.
    Thanks for pointing it out it sure is very yellow, looking at my breeders this morning do notice that one or two are coming into breeding condition and are looking very orangey on the head just to add to the confustion.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Keith - Is there any difference between the two in your last post? The color looks better but the noise in the bg has become a bit more apparent.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith, great to see you spending the time to resolve things and to me it does look better overall, but am on the laptop so will leave it for others about colour etc.

What I suggest is pick another shot you really like, send it to me (the RAW) and we can do a quick 121 PP on it next week when I'm back, perhaps Thursday if that suits you? We can then do some colour tuition, retouching/simple cloning etc.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers
    Steve

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Keith,

I am delighted with those images, hoping in the future I will get to see some baby mice too?

I am rather brief tonight as I am suffering from "Kalahari Fever" and going through numerous lists and ticking things off, more packing to be done. I see you got wonderful feedback from mods and members, all that is left for me to say is, I really enjoy your work and I am so excited about your 121 session with Steve!
    Have fun and keep experimenting

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Loving the pose here Keith!
    I like the last repost in terms of colour, but I would sharpen the rodent a wee bit more?
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks to you all very much appreciated.

Keith.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Keith you are really doing well for me , step by step proceeding in the " right " direction .
    Lovely post to begin with .....
    The RP is taking it up a notch , i just wonder where the blotchy BG is coming from ?????
    No need for more sharpening in the RP for me , just about right for me .

Lovely work Keith i really enjoy viewing your mouse series ...... and you will have for sure a hard time with Steve ...... but i guess you will learn a lot if it comes to a 121 course .

TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice light on the head of the mose and lovely composition with the inclusion of fruits, Keith.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh gosh how tiny this little funny thing is. Love the position and look of it Keith. I really do enjoy these images
    I prefer the repost for sure.

have a great evening

ciao Anette

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Karl and Anette and Andréa, much appreciated.