Thread: Keel Billed Toucan

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Keel Billed Toucan

Had a fantastic 1st trip to Costa Rica last month. The birding opportunities there left in a permanent state of "Awe" for a week.
    Canon 5d3, 600mm, 5.6, 1/1000, 1000

Name:  2Y1Aaa3322.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  250.3 KB
    Last edited by supreet.sahoo; 01-27-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The color in this is stunning even though I find the speckles of dust (?) a little bit distracting. On the other hand, I don't mind the out of focus flower behind the bird. I think it really compliments the beautiful color on that bill.

Can I ask how easy is it to do bird photography there? Do you need to go with a tour?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adhika Lie View Post
    The color in this is stunning even though I find the speckles of dust (?) a little bit distracting. On the other hand, I don't mind the out of focus flower behind the bird. I think it really compliments the beautiful color on that bill.

Can I ask how easy is it to do bird photography there? Do you need to go with a tour?
    Adhika, the speckcles are rain drops . Toucans are not very tough to find if you are at the right place. You really dont need a tour company and can plan things yourself. I have shared a lot of info on my blog if you want to plan and need some help - https://wildescapadesphotography.wor...of-costa-rica/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Although I like the concept and the perch I feel that the perch overwhelms as does the intensity of the pink in the background. It is a shame you did not try for a much lower shutter speed to accentuate the movement of the raindrops. It might also help to reduce the red in the margin where the yellow breast becomes black. It is still a pleasing image though Supreet.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I do like the perch, the bird and the water drops. However, I find the flower in the BG above the bird's head destructing. TFS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

nice image agree with last comment