Thread: Dubai Cityscape plus Burj

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Dubai Cityscape plus Burj

Attached Images Attached Images

I shot these two pictures while visiting Dubai in September. The cityscape was shot from the 42nd floor of the Shangri-La Hotel the Burj was shot hand held and I stitched 7 x 120mm files together making this a nearly 2 GB file

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Neil

Its easier to comment on these if they are individual posts..and they included Exif data as per Rachels post. I prefer the lower shot of the two, but I would have shot this earlier when there was more detail (& light) in the sky. I see hints of a nice cloud patten lost as presented. It is not quite a sharp as I might have expected given its a stitch, but without Exif data I can only guess why..

DON

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Railton View Post
    Hi Neil

Its easier to comment on these if they are individual posts..and they included Exif data as per Rachels post. I prefer the lower shot of the two, but I would have shot this earlier when there was more detail (& light) in the sky. I see hints of a nice cloud patten lost as presented. It is not quite a sharp as I might have expected given its a stitch, but without Exif data I can only guess why..

DON
    Don
    I don't have the EXIF data with me as I just copied these off my website. They are both extremely sharp especially the Burj where in the original picture you can see people in there rooms. I also printed it 17 x 54 inches and its currently hanging in my Condo lobby

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Neil, both images work nicely for me, but I do agree with Don that it would be easier to critique if each were given there own separate posts and EXIF data was available too.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andrew
    I agree and will include that in future posts............I am currently on an Oil Rig in Nigeria so nothing from me picture wise until I get home in 3 weeks time :(

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Neil, I really like the first image the light and B/W conversion works for me. The second image I feel could use a stronger composition I do not like the is cut off on the bottom of the frame along with the building in the lower left corner.
    Don Lacy
    You don't take a photograph, you make it - Ansel Adams
    There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs - Ansel Adams
    http://www.witnessnature.net/
    https://500px.com/lacy