Thread: Hyena

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hyena

Attached Images Attached Images

A head shot of a Hyena showing the detail and texture. You can actually see the safari vehicle in its eye. The 100-400 II is one heck of a sharp lens (compared to the older model it is far far better) & pairs so well with the 7D II!
    1/500
    f/7.1
    ISO 400
    7D II
    227mm

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev - I also really like the 100-400 II. It is sharp but also allows a fair amount of flexibility. Looks like the light was a bit harsh and the shooting angle isn't the best though not always within our control when shooting from a vehicle. I find the deep shadow on the face to be pulling my attention and detracting from the image. Sorry.

TFS,
    Rachel

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev -- I really was amazed at the results you kept showing with the 100-400mm II , must be an amazing piece of glass , is it lighter compared to the previous one ? and as far as the image is concerned i also agree with Rachel here . Sorry ! TFS .

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Rachel and Haseeb. Haseeb, the new lens is nearly the same weight (minor difference) but the sharpness, contrast, AF and IS are top notch! I am lovin it ! It won't replace my 500 II nor my 70-200 II but great when you need flexibility and light weight lens.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not one of my favourites of yours Sanjeev, given the harsh shadows and difficult shooting angle, sorry buddy, I know you have more in your armoury

I do hear that the new 100-400 is a real winner and has put the Nikkor 80-400 back a peg.

TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev technically well looking Hyena image , besides the shadows /darks of the left eye , but i think the award pose of the subject is not that pleasing . I think it would have been a different thing if you could have a low POV shot . But fully understand that is not always the option from a safari vehicle , specially when they have the open Land Rover .

I tried the 100- 400 myself some time ago and can just say i am with you regarding the lens , but as i hardly use/ used version I i said to myself not worth to spend the money , just to have it .

You have nice detail and colors , and the tones do look quite good , besides the eye area as mentioned above .

TFS Andreas

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post