Thread: Juveille at sunset

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Juveille at sunset

One of the juvenile tonight at sunset ,unfortunately I don't own long lenses so I don't have much choice but to use my experience and field craft in getting close to these birds ,I missed a lot of opportunities a few hundred metres away in getting shots of the adults tonight but after just two nights I gained the confidence of the juvenile ,this bird will be so different when the nights start drawing in but at the moment he is full of confidence ,even to the point were he will try and mug the male bird for food (if he finds any) ,these birds are curious and that never fails to get the better of them ,as said two nights it took for him to decide he fancied standing above the adult birds as this perch was a lot higher than the ones the adults were landing on(so predictable they are at this age) this is a non baited bird and I wouldn't be surprised if I see this bird in winter a lot as its known that the territories can overlap and the length of time this one is hanging around tells me he wont be far away ,I hope Juvenille little wol 4th September 2015 (1 of 1)-2 by dennis greenwood, on Flickr
    Last edited by dennis greenwood; 09-04-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dennis, the light is gorgeous and the eye contact, the reflection of the sun in the eyes, the perch and the bG are all great. But as you didn't provide any info on equipment used or EXIF data, it is hard to give you any suggestion. I'd suggest backing off a bit from sharpening. Loi