Thread: Hindu Temple

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hindu Temple

Attached Images Attached Images

I wanted to add an ethereal dimension to this Hindu Temple with an overlay that reminded me of the henna designs the girls wear on their hands and feet. The overlay is from Smart Photo Editor, a software that I just downloaded yesterday and started to experiment with. It seems to have infinite possibilities. I added a layer of Topaz Clean 3 and then some final PS adjustments.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It looks etched on a gold plate. Fascinating. Nice effect!

3. Thanks Nancy Bell thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice Nancy, I love the rich gold tones and the overlay. My only suggestion is that I might have tried to straighten the geometry a bit so the structure does not appear to be falling away at the top.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Mitch & Kerry. Kerry, good point on straightening the structure. I'll look for a way to do that.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nancy, it's very easy in either Lightroom or using the Camera Raw filter in PS. Just use the "manual" lens correction adjustments and use the vertical slider. Don't forget to check "constrain crop".
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

To my eye you added a softening element to the temple. The added design is beautiful, the colors chosen just right.The lower part of the temple, especially where the elephants are carved, is especially nice with the texture. I wonder what it would look like with more of the texture showing on the temple. The woman entering is a lovely touch of color. I generally want architectural lines to be straight, but in this case, the tilting temple does not bother me, I suppose because I imagine it sort of floating.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Kerry for a procedure. I also found an Edit>Perspective>Warp tool in PS CC. I felt so powerful moving the building !

Anita, the overlay did soften the temple. With so much fine detail on the temple I was worried that more texture would make it too blurred and messy. I like your "floating" description, exactly the mystical component I wanted. It was lucky that someone was walking into the temple just at that moment wearing a colorful robe!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning image Nancy! I love the temple with the woman entering and all the little details. Nice use of the overlay also. It adds a lot to the background.

10. Thanks Nancy Bell thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the distortion, it makes the building look more impressive to me. The colours are great, I might back off on the textures a wee bit, and even change them to a more orangey-red henna-like colour, since there is some of those tones in the building.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi, Nancy, I love your choice of textures - it is very much in keeping with the architecture. I agree with Jackie's assessment and the distortion doesn't bother me at all.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nancy, this is elegant. The continuity of the gold tones of the temple into the bg is effective. I like the tilt of the temple and the vignette. I'm going to check out Smart Photo Editor