Thread: Biscuit's final visit to the Blue Mountains

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Biscuit's final visit to the Blue Mountains

Attached Images Attached Images

We loved to take Biscuit to Sun Valley fire trail. He loved the long walk along the creek and in the heat of the Aussie summer he was cool under the shade of the rainforest.
    This is his last walk in this beautiful, tranquil valley. Here, he was already past his third remission from his leukaemia and we had stopped all chemo as he was not responding to
    treatment. Every day was a gift. And we treated it that way.

The image is kind of bittersweet to me, he often ran ahead, and the way he is here, with the road disappearing and he looking back at us kind of symbolises to me the fact he
    was going on a long journey over the Rainbow Bridge and as if here he is telling us that the road is unseen, he is leaving us once he disappears over the crest; but not to worry, we'll see each other again.

He was an incredible part of my (our) life and I am grateful for every precious moment I had shared with him.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am truly sorry for your loss. He looks like he was a great companion. They bring us such joy for their too short lives. I send you most sincere condolences.
    Andrew

3. Thanks Ákos Lumnitzer thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Having said goodbye to more than a few beloved pets myself, I know the feeling, Akos. It's so hard to say goodbye, but the joy they bring lives on through the memories.
    God Bless
    Christopher, Old Photo Master and Master Texturizer

Old Memories Photography

5. Thanks Ákos Lumnitzer thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you guys. It is very sad. We are glad that at least for several years we had his company and affection and gave him as good a life as we could. All the way until the end.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Akos:

Your image and story touched a cord with me, as we lost our Giant Schnauzer, Fraser, to lymphoma after a long battle. This occurred years ago and we have a wonderful dog now, but she is not a replacement for Fraser, nor do we expect her to be. They are each unique, only sharing the endless love and affection they shower us with. As you said, cherish everyday with them!

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

8. Thanks Ákos Lumnitzer thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Man that is such a heart breaking situation. I so dread that day for my 2 dogs. I am so sorry for your loss.

10. Thanks Ákos Lumnitzer thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a fine and poignant image of this sweet dog. I am sorry for your loss. Been there and it is not easy. Peace.

12. Thanks Ákos Lumnitzer thanked for this post